Intro to Maya
This course is an introduction to Maya, a vast digital toolbox which is a staple in the creation of Visual Effects for Movies, Video Games. Motion Graphics, Architectural, Industrial design and Fashion Design visualizations. In addition to 3D Modeling, Animation, Shading and Lighting, Maya has a complete set of tools for Character Rigging, Effects, Fluid and Cloth simulation and Digital Cinematography. In this introduction students will learn the Maya Desktop and Navigation, the Modeling, Lighting and Shading systems in Maya.
- Students will learn Maya Interface and Workspace
- Viewing 3D Scenes; 3D coordinates
- Modeling, Lighting and Shading systems in Maya
- Selecting Objects; Objects and Components: Key concepts like Polygon, Tri, Edge, Vertex
- File Management – Opening and Saving Scenes
- By the end of the introduction, each student will be fully equipped to dive further down into professional techniques like Modeling, Texturing and Lighting
No previous 3D Art experience is necessary. All sessions include hands-on practice on Windows or a Mac computer. This course is an introductory course and not suited for advanced 3D Art professionals. Some experience with Windows computers required.