Intro to Image Editing in Photoshop
This course is an introduction to Digital Imaging Techniques in Photoshop. Students will learn Key Imaging Concepts, Photoshop Image Editing Palettes, Image editing Tools and techniques like Color Correction and Sharpening, Exporting different file formats and Printing.
- Students will experience the Photoshop workflow and learn Photoshop desktop
- Imaging Concepts (color modes, image size, resolution, and print size)
- Acquiring images (opening files and scanning images into Photoshop)
- Editing Images (cropping, adjusting contrast, correcting colors, and sharpening images
- More Image Editing (selection techniques, layers, adding type, and painting)
- Exporting and printing
- Tips for using Photoshop
- Students may bring images or digital files. By the end of the introduction, each student will be fully equipped to dive further down into Photoshop should they so choose.
No previous Image Editing or Photoshop experience is necessary. All sessions include hands-on practice on Windows computers. This course is an introductory course and not suited for advanced digital professionals. Some experience with Windows computers required.